Topics | Search Log Out | Register | Edit Profile
Hide Clipart | Banned/Unbanned User Log | Moderator Login History | Thread Delete/Move Log | Last 30 mins | 1 | 2
Arunachala question

Chalanachithram.com DB » New TF Industry Related » Archive through July 14, 2018 » Arunachala question « Previous Next »

Cinejeevi
Username: Cinejeevi

Post Number: 6913

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 09:17 am:       

Anand_n:

Did you go to the Pavazha Kundru Temple ?

Nope. I had no idea frankly. may be next time. Some info about this temple in this link

https://richardarunachala.wordpress.com/2009/05/04/pavala-ku ndru-tiruvannamalais-coral-rock-temple/
Anything I said earlier is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 1 day

Musicfan
Side Hero
Username: Musicfan

Post Number: 5010
Posted From: 12.227.80.226

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 07:19 pm:       

Nenu first time 20 years back vella, without knowing nothing about that temple, significance or the sthala purana..

Now when I went after all these things, what an experience, Totally unexpected and now I am pushing all of my friends to go when they have a chance.

One day in ashram is totally amazing feeling, surprisingly whom all I saw at ashram are 50% non-Indians, sitting on floor and having breakfast+Lunch+dinner, served by ashram..

the peacocks and the birds sounds around are so amazing..

Enjoy the bliss when you are there,,,
Mahanati Audio Review

Anand_n
Hero
Username: Anand_n

Post Number: 18316
Posted From: 72.179.165.3

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 07:14 pm:       

Anand_n:

Lol - senioritis - reversed the yugas - emerald in tretayuga, gold in dwapara:-)

Musicfan:

We will be there Wednesday too so will try the 5 am - thanks.,

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet : James Oppenheim

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18315

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 07:06 pm:       

Gotcha:

Tiruvannamalai , TN ...
You probably know the story of Vishnu and Brahma getting into an ego battle over who is greater - Shiva manifesting as an infinite column of light ...it is believed that the column of light remained on earth as Arunachala - transforming from light/fire in Satyuga to an Emerald linga in dwapara yoga , Gold in Tretayuga to Stone in Kaliyuga - the mountain is Shiva himself - per belief..

The other legend is about Ardhanariswara -about Parvati coming to Earth and doing penance to repent for closing shiva’s eyes and causing havoc for people ...Pavazha Kundru ( a spur of Arunachala) is the hill where she is believed to have done the penance ! It is believed that the first manifestation of Ardhanariswara happened here as Shiva granted Parvati’s wish to be inseparable from him :-)

Pavazha kundru, Arunachaleswara Temple, Virupaksha Cave , Skandashram have all been home to Sri Ramana Maharshi at different times so very significant for his followers :-)

Interesting tidbit - Arunachaleswara Temple is 2000 years old and considered the largest Shiva Temple in the country-24 acres :-)

Many reasons to visit - whether you are into history, rituals, trekking or self inquiry :-)

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet : James Oppenheim

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 5007
Posted From: 108.171.131.160

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:44 pm:       

Anand_n:

Mom said she wanted to go to the 5 am abhishekam but I could not find any specific reference in the Pooja schedule

Inside garbhagruham is small place it hardly holds 30-40 persons. Even that will be more I guess.

then outside the door you can stand, which is a passage way, Then after passage way you enter, but if there is no rush you can stand there else they will ask you to go,
Mahanati Audio Review

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 5006
Posted From: 108.171.131.160

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:41 pm:       

Anand_n:

What time did you go ?

7:30am,, On Wednesday
Mahanati Audio Review

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18314

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 06:32 pm:       

Cinejeevi:

5am abhishekam if u go on time usually there will be regular local crowd to have darshan and gO pooja.. no more than 40/50 persons for abhishekam inside. U can get the tickets there itself or pay after the abhishekam.. even if u go during cold (rainy) time the inside garbha griham will be hotter (that is what it is famous of being agni lingam).. so be lighter on the wear to avoid sweat..

Thank you ! Mom said she wanted to go to the 5 am abhishekam but I could not find any specific reference in the Pooja schedule - this is helpful to know :-)
Did you go to the Pavazha Kundru Temple ?

Musicfan:

off time lo velte temple lo asala evaru undaru,, I was the only one staring at the idol how long I wanted to..

What time did you go ?

Rgb
Side Hero
Username: Rgb

Post Number: 5372
Posted From: 137.188.108.203

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 05:45 pm:       

Gotcha:

Tamil Nadu

Gotcha
Legend
Username: Gotcha

Post Number: 30727
Posted From: 172.87.56.134

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 05:06 pm:       

arunachal pradesh lona idi?

Aha
Side Hero
Username: Aha

Post Number: 5445
Posted From: 205.153.115.162

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 04:58 pm:       

Cinejeevi:

Oh got it. Thank you for clarifying.
Om namah sivayaha!!
The One and Only Veturi

Cinejeevi

Post Number: 6912

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 04:26 pm:       

Aha:

out of pancha bhoota lingas, arunachalam is "agni lingam"... so the heat by default.. the garbha gruha is wide enough but still the heat is generated from the siva lingam itself is the cause.
Anything I said earlier is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 1 day

Aha
Side Hero
Username: Aha

Post Number: 5444
Posted From: 166.137.8.112

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:40 pm:       

Musicfan:

vammo aa heat tattukoleka poyaa, I went inside the garbha gruham and was feeling the heat so much, T

Enti ikkadi specialty? Enduku antha heat? Siva lingam paina water padutunna kooda heat untunda ? Usual ga anni garbha gullallo ukka gaane untundi kada. Pujaarilu fans kooda pettukuntaaru kada? How is it different there? I am curious.
The One and Only Veturi

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 5001
Posted From: 107.77.83.112

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:31 pm:       

Anand_n:

off time lo velte temple lo asala evaru undaru,, I was the only one staring at the idol how long I wanted to..
Mahanati Audio Review

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 5000

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 03:30 pm:       

Cinejeevi:

time the inside garbha griham will be hotter (that is what it is famous of being agni lingam).. so be lighter on the wear to avoid sweat..

vammo aa heat tattukoleka poyaa, I went inside the garbha gruham and was feeling the heat so much, They let me go inside but the priest came after 15 minutes to do archana,, so close look, when I started focusing, I lost the heat impact.. But when I came outside, I could feel relief,
Mahanati Audio Review

Cinejeevi

Post Number: 6903

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 02:10 pm:       

Anand_n:

I prefer to go to these places in the quieter times so going after pournami
5 am Puja abhishekam - did you get tickets ahead of time ?

except for the devotional crowd it won't be much difference but i understand. right next morning the whole place looks like deserted.. :-)

5am abhishekam if u go on time usually there will be regular local crowd to have darshan and gO pooja.. no more than 40/50 persons for abhishekam inside. U can get the tickets there itself or pay after the abhishekam.. even if u go during cold (rainy) time the inside garbha griham will be hotter (that is what it is famous of being agni lingam).. so be lighter on the wear to avoid sweat..

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18313
Posted From: 174.207.1.145

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 01:26 pm:       

Cinejeevi:

I prefer to go to these places in the quieter times so going after pournami :-)
5 am Puja abhishekam - did you get tickets ahead of time ?

Neel:

Thanks ! Long time...how are you ?:-)

Raman
Legend
Username: Raman

Post Number: 57138
Posted From: 171.78.179.175

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 01:13 pm:       

serious ga arunachalpradesh anukunna

Neel
Side Hero
Username: Neel

Post Number: 9787
Posted From: 108.171.130.188

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 01:10 pm:       

Anand_n:

have a nice trip
post pictures when you get back

Cinejeevi

Post Number: 6902

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 01:04 pm:       

Anand_n:

if u take auto and are planning around Pournami time then do it on day before as on Pournami day from late morning no autos on the road. so do it early in the morning or previous day.

all the best.

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 4999

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 12:52 pm:       

Anand_n:

Thank you ! That is useful info. Planning to go the auto route for Girivalam too - for time and also cos I am taking my mom there

I took auto route as well for girivalam, they charged 250rs, after bargain,,,
Mahanati Audio Review

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18312

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 12:49 pm:       

Musicfan:

We are staying in Ramanasramam too but the other route seems to be half the distance .. will take an auto to the closest part and start walking from there - tha’s the plan..
https://richardarunachala.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/walking-t o-virupaksha-cave/

Also - I did find a guide ... was looking for one since I will be doing the walk solo- and probably in the low traffic time of the afternoon ..

Thanks for the Pavala Kundru info .. I did not zoom in on the boards to see times - I did read on his blog that timings are erratic ... that place is my must do ( ardhanariswara is my personal deity) even if the Temple is closed I want to go up that hill :-)

Cinejeevi:

Thank you ! That is useful info. Planning to go the auto route for Girivalam too - for time and also cos I am taking my mom there:-)

Cinejeevi

Post Number: 6901

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 11:31 am:       

http://www.chalanachithram.com/discus/messages/115/319583.ht ml?1462554930

might be some help hopefully. There is no short but it's plain round trip from Sri Ramana Asram. If you go in the morning it can be done in about hour and half (give and take). As the day progresses so the delay due to heat...

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 4998

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 11:01 am:       

Anand_n:

Also did you go to Pavala Kundru Temple ? Do you know the hours for that ...could not find it on the web ...

The atlernative route is there from The Arunachalam temple, but not sure how it is, from Ramanashram, I found it easy, as I stayed in Ramanashram.

Had breakfast in Ramanashram, and then left to Skandashram and virupaksha cave came back and had lunch in temple and left to chennai.

I didnt have time to go to PavazhaKundru temple, But I heard that temple opens only in the morning.

This link says the pooja timings are morning 7:30 to 9Am and 5:30 to 6:30pm only..

https://richardarunachala.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/hpim35 21.jpg
Mahanati Audio Review

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18311

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:35 am:       

Musicfan:

Thank you ! I was looking at the other route from Arunachala Temple and that seems a lot shorter - though it may be steeper. More interested in Virupaksha Cave than Skandashram..so thinking of doing the shorter route to give myself more time in the cave ..

Also did you go to Pavala Kundru Temple ? Do you know the hours for that ...could not find it on the web ...

It’s been a long time wish to visit - but things are coming together now :-)

Musicfan
Side Hero

Post Number: 4993

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 10:04 am:       

Anand_n:

Anyone been there -

I went there in March, let me know what you are looking for.

From Ramanashram, for me to go and comeback to Skandashram and Virupaksha cave took 3 hours, I guess its around 1.4km to skandashram, and some 15-20mts to Virupaksha guha,,

I was in a hurry due to lack of time, so had to complete it fast,

Take enough water, and go with shoes/chappal on, I went without them in the morning and it was hot while coming back.

Skandashram is of two rooms where you can medidate, there is absolute silence in the ashram.

I stayed in Ramanashram, and walked from there. There wont be any guides, people walk along all the day, so you can just follow them or just the route, it directly takes to skandashram which comes first and to Virupaksha guha.

Visting Ramanashram will be a life time experience.
Mahanati Audio Review

Anand_n
Hero

Post Number: 18310

Posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 11:16 pm:       

Anyone been there - Have a question on the best route to go up to Virupaksha Cave and how long each trek takes - I am pressed for time so want the shortest one .. also are there guides who take groups up to the cave? Will be staying at Sri Ramanasramam...TIA

Calling Bharateeyudu :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image HASH(0x8b4e2c8){Movie Clipart}
Show / hide regular icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Show / Hide Filmy icons selection options

Click on following links to open cliparts by Alphabetical Order

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  

N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: